CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Another fun weekend at the lake

Chris and I spent last weekend up at the lake with my family. We had a great time! The weather was perfect - sunny, hot, but cool in the evenings. My parents have a fifth wheel trailer in a seasonal park/campground. They actually keep it there year-round, but the park is officially "open" May through October. Many weekends in the summer, Chris and I head up there for some rest and relaxation. I truly grew up in this town. We used to camp in the state park on Lake Michigan for several weeks every summer. I have so many fond memories of that place! Last weekend, we took the boat to the state park. It was a bit rough, but we made it! We walked around the park, up to the "candy store" where Mom and I bought t-shirts, and back along the river. It truly was a wonderful afternoon. Saturday night, we had a potluck dinner with the neighbors and a campfire afterwards. Always a fun time! As it usually does, the weekend just flew by.
Today, I had the day off of work (tomorrow, too! One of the benefits of working the following weekend). I had to run some errands- go pick up one of Christopher's birthday presents being the main errand. I checked out the sales, they weren't all that great! I think I'll wait for the next markdown. I did find a few cute shirts at Target, and got some great things at Kohl's for 90% off. So, I guess I didn't do so bad! Then tonight, we met up with Chris' sister Lisa, her fiance Adam, one of their friends, and his Mom. Lisa and Adam were given a beautiful dining room table and china cabinet. We helped them load them up into Grandma H's basement, and finished the evening off with pizza. It was a good night.

0 comments: