CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's hot.

I ran out to the mall and the grocery store today, and it is hot! According to weather.com, it's 85°F with 61% humidity. I would have guessed 95°! Now that I am so used to central air, I think I am much more intolerant of the summer heat.
You may not believe it, but I didn't buy a thing at the mall (other than lunch). There are a fair amount of decent sales, but nothing struck my fancy. I tried on a few things at American Eagle, and it definitely seems like their sizes run way smaller than they used to. Or maybe it's just me? I think I'd prefer to think that it's their sizes! The grocery store was pleasantly not-busy today. I basically stocked up on the basics, you know- eggs, yogurt, hotdog buns, watermelon (etc.) and I still couldnt make it out the door for less than fifty bucks! I just can't quite understand how quickly it adds up. I think I need to get the Sunday press for the coupons.
I have to work the next few days, and then it's a nice weekend off! We may be flying up north to visit my parents on Saturday. We'll have to see. We have a family friend who is a private pilot; typically once or twice a summer we fly up north (about 2 hours on the road) for kicks. It's always a fun time!
Whats for dinner tonight? Grilled hamburgers, corn on the cob, watermelon, grilled potatoes, and rice krispy treats. Delish!

0 comments: